[GRASS-dev] postgresql speed

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Mar 6 06:18:34 EST 2009

On 06/03/09 11:45, Markus Metz wrote:

> Moritz, could this information be placed somewhere where it does not get
> lost, e.g. in the wiki here [1] or here [2], or in the programmer's
> manual?

Yes, I'll try to integrate it in the wiki (or if someone else wants to
start, go ahead). I think that it's more an issue for the vector (+
possibly display) modules than the db.* modules.

> Using the dbCatValArray model does not break compatibility, it
> would simply speed up modules, right?

Well, that's something we would have to check, I don't have an
exhaustive enough vision to judge that.

> Maybe we can also have a document
> somewhere describing solutions for the Vector TODO list plus other
> enhancements, or is it better to discuss it in the dev ML?

No, a wiki page is probably a good place, which doesn't exclude
discussion on the ML, but leaves a more permanent trace.

Moritz