[GRASS-dev] v.db.calc

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu May 7 07:34:32 EDT 2009

Moritz wrote:
> I think that with the move in 6.4 to SQLite as default db
> backend,

DBF remains the default in 6.x, see include/dbmi.h "DB_DEFAULT_DRIVER".
It is only changed to sqlite in grass7.

todo: for sqlite decide if we want per-map DB files like with DBF or
single DB file per mapset. I'd vote for per-map files so it takes longer
to reach any 32bit filesystem filesize limits, limits the effect of DB
corruption, and makes it easier to move maps around, but then I don't do
any fancy joins etc that might take advantage of a single file per mapset
approach.

Hamish