[GRASS-dev] v.db.calc

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu May 7 07:45:44 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/5/7 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
>> I think that with the move in 6.4 to SQLite as default db
>> backend,

Probably we could move to SQLite in GRASS 6.5. Note there are still
remaining bugs, e.g. v.dissolve doesn't work on string column.

> DBF remains the default in 6.x, see include/dbmi.h "DB_DEFAULT_DRIVER".
> It is only changed to sqlite in grass7.
>
> todo: for sqlite decide if we want per-map DB files like with DBF or
> single DB file per mapset. I'd vote for per-map files so it takes longer
> to reach any 32bit filesystem filesize limits, limits the effect of DB
> corruption, and makes it easier to move maps around, but then I don't do
> any fancy joins etc that might take advantage of a single file per mapset
> approach.

I would vote for both approaches. User can decide what he prefers via
environmental variable, e.g. GRASS_SQLITE_PER_MAPSET.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa