[GRASS-dev] python issues

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri May 8 06:04:57 EDT 2009

Thomas wrote:
> I am aware that after installing GRASS I have to run
> Init.sh in /etc of the sources, but it stops with:
>
> ./Init.sh: line 412: /etc/clean_temp: No such file or
> directory
> Starting GRASS ...
> Error in startup script: couldn't read file
> "/etc/gis_set.tcl": no such file or directory

start grass with the "grass64" script, not with Init.sh.

all the grass64 script does is set the $GISBASE variable then call
Init.sh, but that is the critical grass variable.

"/etc/gis_set.tcl": no such file or directory
  with $GISBASE expands to
"/usr/local/grass64/etc/gis_set.tcl"

etc.

see also the batch scripting wiki page which tells you how to run grass
without init.sh

Hamish