[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-SVN] r37087 - in grass/trunk/gui: scripts wxpython/scripts

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun May 10 07:15:50 EDT 2009

Martin Landa wrote:
> is it really needed in trunk in regards we are planning to
> use Python for all scripts?

AFAIK it is needed whenever non-.exe or .bat named modules will be run
using simply their command name. So that is needed for both python and
shell scripts. Windows doesn't know executable bits or #!/bin/python
shebangs. The alternative is to add interpreters and path names to the
command line, and change all script's GUI menu entries to some special
launch function.

of course I could be mistaken..

Hamish