[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #604: /usr/lib/grass64/etc/grass-run.sh does not work properly when called by gis.m to execute in a external xterm

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Thu May 14 20:51:29 EDT 2009

#604: /usr/lib/grass64/etc/grass-run.sh does not work properly when called by
gis.m to execute in a external xterm
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  frankie  |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
 Component:  Tcl      |     Version:  6.4.0 RCs
Resolution:           |    Keywords:  xterm
  Platform:  Linux    |         Cpu:  Unspecified
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Changes (by hamish):

  * keywords:  => xterm

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:2 frankie]:
 > I mean the Output Tk window of gis.m, where "Run (in Xterm)"
 > can be called.

 ah, yes. I can reproduce the problem in 6.5svn on Lenny.

 > That is not a problem with library search path,
 > but binaries search path (aka PATH in bash).

 yeah my initial thought was that Sid might have introduced some new xterm
 child filtering which now cleansed PATH as well as LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

 Hamish

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/604#comment:3>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>