[GRASS-dev] Change in parser behavior?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 21:59:10 EDT 2009

Michael wrote:
> We've tested on the command line and
> in both GUI's and are baffled. I've sent the script to
> Hamish to look at. It simply is ignoring data entered for
> some arguments. I can find no rhyme or reason to it. I
> thought it might be float data, but it doesn't seem to
> matter if we change the types to integer or string. We get
> the same lack of reading.
>
> We've tried this on many versions of 6.5 from as far back
> as 30 March to today, and on a Linux (Ubuntu) and Mac
> system. Other scripts seem to work fine. I don't know if it
> is the number of arguments or something more insidious.
>
> I tried cutting out all arguments except one, named "R"
> (R-factor for RUSLE), inserted an ...
>
> echo "R=$GIS_OPT_R"
>
> ...  and then ran the script on the command line
>
> >> r.landscape.evol R=50
>
> The terminal returned...
>
> R=R=50
>
> Go figure???

since a while ago the parser has not liked option names with
upper case characters. e.g. STREAM_DIR= in r.terraflow. I think
there was some posts about it, you were not the only person to
have trouble with addon scripts.

try changing to r= k= c= and I'm guessing it should work.

why? I've got no idea & it should probably be fixed before 6.4.0
as it (case in point) breaks back-compatibility even if none of
the standard GRASS modules use it. It is my guess that currently
r.terraflow will have issues because of it.

tabs, --help all work fine for me.

Hamish