[GRASS-dev] Raster core file processing

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri May 29 01:08:31 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 6:04 AM, Henrique Shishido
<rickshido at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> I'm a researcher of parallel programming of the State maringa University -
> Brazil.

(Please take a look at

)

> I need to find problems that require a large computacional resources. In the
> last week, I've found the GRASS GSI tool and the GRASS has features that
> maybe can be parallelized.
>
> I've looked the directory structures and found the raster and raster3d
> directory. This directories has subdirectories and it has a big
> ramification. I'm very confused with this various files.

Here is a diagram:

# GRASS 6
http://download.osgeo.org/grass/grass6_progman/

# GRASS 7
http://download.osgeo.org/grass/grass7_progman/

which hopefully explains it.

> My question is: What is the file responsible to calculate the raster
> process?

There are many functions available. You don't necessarily need to touch
the map files you found "manually" but better use the appropriare
raster functions (either the C functions or for example Python functions
made available through the SWIG wrapper).

See above links for the Programmer's Manual.

Markus