[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6 swig compile error

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri May 29 10:58:50 EDT 2009

Markus Neteler wrote:

> after the recent update I can no longer compile the GRASS 6 SWIG interface

> Apparently GMATHlib isn't found? (it is compiled)
> Ah, or in 7 the headers are in
>  grass70/include/gmath.h
> while in 6 they are in
>  grass6/include/gisdefs.h
>
> Swig seems to get that wrong... need to move the declarations?

This was changed in r35274:

	http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/35274

It's no coincidence that r35275 (which was comitted less than two
minutes later) was the one which added the SWIG files for the other
libraries:

	http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/35275

Hmm; you could probably just add $(GMATHLIB) to grass_LIBS, but that
means that anything which wants to use libgis from Python ends up
pulling in the gmath library, possibly along with BLAS/LAPACK and
FFTW. And BLAS/LAPACK can have some fairly obscure issues related to
gcc's Fortran support.