[GRASS-dev] error creating a GRASS location

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Nov 4 11:24:46 EST 2009

Hi all.
Just finished a workshop (21 people!) on qgis+grass at the sasig in
Evora[0]. Went very well, all from a USB pen [1, 2]; people looked
enthusiastic.
We just had a couple of problems (which, given the range of tasks I have
been trying, is quite good to me):
- a space in the path prevented r.contour from running successfully
- the creation of a location, taking the extent from a loaded map, crashed
systematically qgis with:

Warning: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for
on_btnHelp_clicked()
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'QgsGrass::Exception'
what():  region for current mapset is not set
run "g.region"
Aborted

Unfortunately I cannot investigate much, as the user has left, and I cannot
replicate it on my machine, so I'll not open a bug, I mention here just for
the record, and in case it helps understanding a potential weakness.
All the best.
--
http://faunalia.it/pc

[0] http://evora.sigaberto.org