[GRASS-dev] svn help

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 13 06:27:10 EDT 2009

Jarosław Jasiewicz wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I tried to add to svn add-ons new module but I did it probably wrong.
>
> In raster directory I created new dir:
>
>    svn add r.stream.del
>    svn ci -m "New module" r.stream.del
You can also do

svn mkdir https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/raster/r.stream.del

svn import r.stream.del
https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/raster/r.stream.del

svn checkout
https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/raster/r.stream.del r.stream.del

Maybe not the most elegant way to do it, but works for me.

> jarekj at jarekj-desktop:~/src/add-ons/raster$ svn ci -m "New module"
> r.stream.del
> Sending      r.stream.del/Makefile
> Sending         r.stream.del/description.html
> Sending         r.stream.del/global.h
> Sending         r.stream.del/io.c
> Sending         r.stream.del/main.c
>

> in that moment all files from r.stream.del have been send to
> r.stream.basins (Why??? I was in raster directory when I added new
> subdirectory) and updated that directory.
Maybe there was still some svn information in hidden files within
r.stream.del, depending on how you created that directory (e.g. copying
or renaming r.stream.basins to r.stream.del could cause such behaviour).

Markus M