[GRASS-dev] svn help

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Oct 14 09:42:05 EDT 2009

Markus Metz wrote:

> > I tried to add to svn add-ons new module but I did it probably wrong.
> >
> > In raster directory I created new dir:
> >
> >    svn add r.stream.del
> >    svn ci -m "New module" r.stream.del
> You can also do
>
> svn mkdir https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/raster/r.stream.del
>
> svn import r.stream.del
> https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/raster/r.stream.del
>
> svn checkout
> https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/raster/r.stream.del r.stream.del
>
> Maybe not the most elegant way to do it, but works for me.

However, this should only be done if it's *completely* new code. If
it's based upon existing code in any way, start with "svn copy", then
modify the copy,

Note: the meaning of "modify" doesn't include overwriting a file with
something based upon an older version. It's imperative that subversion
knows which revision the code was based upon.

If you have created a file based upon an existing file, but you don't
know the revision on which it was based, simply delete the modified
file and start again.