[GRASS-dev] gmath/gpde Patch for grass6.5 and grass7

Soeren Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 2 04:14:33 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/9/1 Soeren Gebbert <soerengebbert at googlemail.com>

> Hello Hamish,
>
> 2009/9/1 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I get two errors compiling 6.5svn.
>>
>> The first is because lib/gmath  G_math_solvps() fails to return anything
>> when it should return int.
>>
>> I think I fixed it with r38939, but please check to see if that is
>> correct.
>>  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/38939
>

> Thanks, thats absolutely correct.
>

>> The second is in lib/external/ccmath, eigen() is used but not declared.
>> I suppose it needs to be added to lib/external/ccmath/ccmath_grass.h, ??
>>

> I will have a look at it this evening.

Hmmm, the files ccmath.h and ccmath_grass.h should be identical, but they
aren't.
Sorry, i did not checked that .... there is still "debug" code present in
ccmath_grass.h.
The correct way would be to remove ccmath_grass.h from lib/external/ccmath
and
copy the ccmath.h header file while compiling the library
to the dist include/grass directory naming the file ccmath_grass.h.

i.e.:
Makefile change
$(ARCH_INCDIR)/ccmath_grass.h: ccmath_grass.h
           $(INSTALL_DATA) ccmath_grass.h $(ARCH_INCDIR)/ccmath_grass.h

$(ARCH_INCDIR)/ccmath_grass.h: ccmath.h
           $(INSTALL_DATA) ccmath.h $(ARCH_INCDIR)/ccmath_grass.h

I hope this will work.
I will check and test this in the next days, i have no GRASS SVN access at
work
so i need to wait till evening to commit a fix. :/

cheers
Soeren