[GRASS-dev] New OSX configure option for architectures (ie universal)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Sep 6 18:05:15 EDT 2009

Well, I dug into autoconfig docs and figured out configure options to
set architectures and SDK for OSX.

--with-macosx-archs="i386 ppc x86_64 ppc64"

just include a list of architectures you want (above is quad-arch).

It also checks GUI toolkits (tcltk, wxpython) for available
architectures, and substitutes them in makefiles as needed, so you can
build a 64bit arch for GRASS, when you only have a 32bit wxpython
(just make sure to specify both 32 and 64bit archs in configure, so
32bit GUI stuff can link to GRASS libraries).

--with-macosx-sdk=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk

Necessary when compiling on a PPC Mac with OSX 10.4, or when compiling
on a later system for an earlier system (like I do for by binary
distributions).

No more need to add arch flags and isysroot to CFLAGS & friends ^_^

Try it out.  I tested on Snow Leopard (Xcode 3.2).  I don't think I
broke configure for other platforms.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy