[GRASS-dev] OSX Snow Leopard problem with python

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Sep 6 19:28:22 EDT 2009

I had some problems getting wxpython GUI to run after upgrading to OSX
10.6 Snow Leopard.  I thought I might need to rebuild (I was using the
Leopard binaries), but that doesn't help.

When I got GRASS to execute to correct Python (another issue I know
how to workaround), starting the GUI does nothing.  With DEBUG level
5, I get:

GRASS 6.5.svn (spearfish60):~ > g.gui wxpython
D1/5: Attempting to start 'wxpython' GUI ...
D3/5: forking 'python' ...
re-executing using pythonw
GRASS 6.5.svn (spearfish60):~ >

And the GUI never appears.  I kinda wonder if it has something to do
with the old fork/exec problem that started with Leopard (or was is
Tiger), and maybe now instead of a warning, it simply fails (nothing
else in the console log).

?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect