[GRASS-dev] OSX Snow Leopard problem with python

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Sep 7 03:25:52 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 1:28 AM, William
Kyngesburye<woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
> I had some problems getting wxpython GUI to run after upgrading to OSX 10.6
> Snow Leopard.  I thought I might need to rebuild (I was using the Leopard
> binaries), but that doesn't help.
>
> When I got GRASS to execute to correct Python (another issue I know how to
> workaround), starting the GUI does nothing.  With DEBUG level 5, I get:
>
> GRASS 6.5.svn (spearfish60):~ > g.gui wxpython
> D1/5: Attempting to start 'wxpython' GUI ...
> D3/5: forking 'python' ...
> re-executing using pythonw
> GRASS 6.5.svn (spearfish60):~ >
>
> And the GUI never appears.

Same problem here on Mandriva: due to a change some days ago the wxGUI is
gone - I only get the old map and then it silently disappears.

BTW:

checking for MacOSX App... no
checking for MacOSX architectures...
checking for MacOSX SDK... checking for /SDKSettings.plist... no
configure: error: *** specified SDK does not exist or is not a SDK

I can even no longer configure GRASS :( The SDK test needs apparently
to be conditionalized: if on Linux/nonMac please don't test MacOSX SDK.

Markus