[GRASS-dev] Network Analysis

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 14 06:31:24 EDT 2009

Hi Daniel,

nice job you did with the new network analysis modules! Obviously you
have understood dglib, this is very good news :-) Maybe you could have a
look at BUG2 [1] for network analysis? I have an idea but am not sure if
it is correct. There is also a wish to have costs as type double instead
of int, but it seems that this means a lot of modification of dglib.
What do you think?

Regarding the new modules, I have a suggestion: all modules use

    nlines = Vect_get_num_lines(&In);
    for (i = 1; i <= nlines; i++) {
        int type = Vect_read_line(&In, Points, Cats, i);
    }

or similiar. Vect_read_line exits with a fatal error for dead lines, adding

    if (!Vect_line_alive(&In, i))
        continue;

before Vect_read_line() would avoid that. See e.g. Vect_copy_map_lines()
in Vlib/map.c.

Best,

Markus M

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/584