[GRASS-dev] r.watershed question

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Thu Sep 17 15:14:28 EDT 2009

negative numbers are assigned to cells which contribute outside area
numbers refers to direction:

3 | 2 | 1
 --- --- ---
 4 | 0 | 8
 --- --- ---
 5 | 6 | 7

you can find direction by multipy the number by 45 (against east CCW)

from help page:

/drainage/
    Output map: drainage direction. Provides the "aspect" for each cell
    measured CCW from East. Multiplying positive values by 45 will give
    the direction in degrees that the surface runoff will travel from
    that cell. The value 0 (zero) indicates that the cell is a
    depression area (defined by the depression input map). Negative
    values indicate that surface runoff is leaving the boundaries of the
    current geographic region. The absolute value of these negative
    cells indicates the direction of flow.

Jarek