[GRASS-dev] default GUI

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 12:06:45 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/9/22 Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu>:
> Although I have softly suggested to use wxGUI for GRASS64 release
> I don't really have a strong opinion on that - I was teaching with TclTk GUI
> for two semesters, this semester we use wxGUI and both
> have their own issues.

you can use original icons also in wxGUI, but right wxGUI comes by
default with new icons.

> One thing I found is that people who learn GRASS
> with TclTk GUI have hard time using wxGUI for whatever reason
> (not me - I am used to CLI and I think wxGUI is much better).
> You just don't find your buttons where they used to be
> and that drives people crazy.

All attempts to change something need its time;-) Anyway I got
impression that wxGUI is better choice for newcomers over TCL/TK GUI
or pure CLI.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa