[GRASS-dev] Modules for GPU-based upgrade?

Seth Price seth at pricepages.org
Fri Apr 2 20:26:13 EDT 2010

If it's a slow module already, there's a good chance it won't be I/O
bound. Things like bilinear resampling are I/O bound, and wouldn't be
touched. However, cubic and Lanczos  interpolation are not I/O bound
and will greatly sped up by way of a GPU.

I think that anything that's noticeably slower than other modules
shouldn't be I/O bound until we have it running on the GPU. (The GPU
is often such a compute beast that almost everything becomes
bottlenecked by the PCI bus, but it's hard to say ahead of time.)
~Seth