[GRASS-dev] about simple feature/ogr direct processing

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 10:01:00 EDT 2010

Hello,
it's a long time I'm away from Grass, because of various reasons. Some
days ago I've decided to come back to have a look to Grass7, and my
first thought/wish was: it would be great to have direct simple
features processing supported, along the native structures... and
that's what Martin Landa has done! :) Great, exactly what I was
hoping!

I admit that this news has raised new interest in me, and some
collegues of mine. I've given a look at the code, to see what is
needed to make the v.* commands support direct ogr, but I haven't been
able to highlight where the "magics" is done... Martin, or others,
could you indicate me an example?

thanks,
giovanni