[GRASS-dev] about simple feature/ogr direct processing

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Apr 6 10:40:24 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 4:01 PM, G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> it's a long time I'm away from Grass, because of various reasons. Some
> days ago I've decided to come back to have a look to Grass7, and my
> first thought/wish was: it would be great to have direct simple
> features processing supported, along the native structures... and
> that's what Martin Landa has done! :) Great, exactly what I was
> hoping!

welcome back :)

> I admit that this news has raised new interest in me, and some
> collegues of mine. I've given a look at the code, to see what is
> needed to make the v.* commands support direct ogr, but I haven't been
> able to highlight where the "magics" is done... Martin, or others,
> could you indicate me an example?

cd vector
grep -l 'OGR support' */* | sed 's+/main.c++g' | tr '\n' ','  | sed
's+,+, +g' | fmt
v.buffer, v.category, v.class, v.clean, v.db.select, v.distance, v.drape,
v.extrude, v.generalize, v.hull, v.kcv, v.neighbors, v.normal, v.out.dxf,
v.out.pov, v.out.svg, v.overlay, v.parallel, v.qcount, v.random,
v.reclass, v.sample, v.segment, v.split, v.surf.idw, v.to.points,
v.to.rast3, v.to.rast, v.transform, v.type, v.univar, v.what,

Martin can certainly say more about it the current state.

cheers
Markus