[GRASS-dev] GDAL configuration for GRASS

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Apr 23 08:50:19 EDT 2010

2010/4/23 António Rocha <antonio.rocha at deimos.com.pt>:
> Greetings
>
> I've been using GDAL installed by my Synaptic Package Manager. But now, due
> to ORFEO ToolBox Restrictions I will have to recompile and install GDAL by
> hand. Could anyone indicated me the minimum requirements/configuration for
> GDAL in order to be used by GRASS?

To my knowledge there are no restrictions at all. The minimum is to
just launch
./configure ....
of GDAL with everything set off (but not sure if it quite useful then).

Important:
Be sure to not activate GRASS in GDAL, use the plugin instead:
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_install_GDAL-GRASS_plugin

Markus