[GRASS-dev] 6.4.0 blocker bugs

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Aug 19 03:19:48 EDT 2010

(apologies for sneaking in a developer's discussion)

Helena Mitasova wrote:

> The biggest issue that the newcomers had with the TclTk GUI (and that was
> solved in wxGUI) was - "why the map is not displayed when I load it into
> gis manager?"

fwiw, this was among others (actually after dealing with the location/mapset
stuff) one big question mark for me when I saw for the first time TclTk GUI
(~5 years ago). Did not understand much back then, turned away from GRASS as
not being comparable to other tools and only came back in 2007.

Nikos