[GRASS-dev] 6.4.0 blocker bugs

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 16:13:04 EDT 2010

I got similar expierience with my students during last spring - those,
who where able to wrap their minds around GRASS concepts, found old
TCL/Tk GUI to be faster and thus better than Wx one on Windows. Some
issues they hit then now are solved, still wxgui doesn't perform as
good as tcl/tk one (can I select multiple maps at once?). TCL/Tk one
has (serious) issues and wx one is way to go, still not yet today.

As a developer I would vote "no" for GUI change.
As of ctypes - if it delays release, then also "no" - it has been too
long release cycle. There are some other more important problems than
ctypes (v.buffer issues etc.).

Just my 0.02,
Maris.