[GRASS-dev] wxnviz on mac osx (grass7.0)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Aug 19 11:02:34 EDT 2010

On Aug 19, 2010, at 9:36 AM, Massimo Di Stefano wrote:

> Hi William,
>
> right :-) thanks to point me to tcltk
> i'm on a fresh osx installation .. so i'll rebuild tcltk for both 32+64 bit and reconfigure grass.

Just stick with the ActiveState TclTk install.  Last I tried to build TclTk 8.5.8 64bit, it didn't work.  ActiveState seems to be the 'official' build, and even they don't build 64bit.

Tcltk 8.6 is still in beta, and I don't know if 64bit status has improved or if it works in GRASS.

> but this error wil be not related to the wx-nviz crash, is it right ?
>
> i have a wxniz crash on both grass 6.5 and 7.0.

Could be something to do with running nviz from inside the GUI.  To see if NVIZ itself is OK, just run it from the GRASS terminal.

> i'll update my tcltk and try again,
>
> thanks!
>
> Massimo.
>
> Il giorno 19/ago/2010, alle ore 16.30, William Kyngesburye ha scritto:
>
>> That's the TclTk NVIZ.
>>
>> And it looks like it's configured for the system TclTk (8.5).  I tried that a while back when Snow Leopard came out - updated tcltk, 64bits - but had problems compiling, it might have been the same error.
>>
>> You need to install TclTk 8.5 from ActiveState and configure for that.  See the Mac compile readme in the source.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin