[GRASS-dev] 6.4.0 blocker bugs

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Aug 23 17:55:55 EDT 2010

>[...]
>   On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 5:26 AM, Hamish <[hamish_b at yahoo.com]> wrote:
>> Finally, for the FOSS4G 2010 OSGeo Live GIS disc I have packaged it with
>> ~/.grassrc6 containing GRASS_GUI=wxpython, so there Linux starts with
>> the wxGUI.
>
>At this point we should do it for the rest of the users, too. I'd
>really like to avoid to
>be flooded with messages of "where is the new GUI??" content since the
>standard Linux distros will package whatever is set in the software.
>
>Markus

there was so much effort to create a new and working gui (wxgui) which will be the next generation
user interface.

IMHO this should be honored a lot and  the wxgui should be considered as the default in the upcoming grass64-release,
mainly to get feedback and being able to improve this interface.

on windows - I've played a lot with grass64/65/70-versions - I've almost never used the tcltk-gui.

so I vote for wxgui as the default for all os-platforms.

best regards
Helmut
Neu: WEB.DE De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: https://produkte.web.de/go/demail02