[GRASS-dev] r.sim.water in 64, 65, 7

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Dec 1 21:15:01 EST 2010

On Nov 26, 2010, at 9:05 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Several changes were made in r.sim.water recently but it has still some troubles on non-linux machines.
>>
>> GRASS64: it runs on linux, but gives Segmentation fault on Mac and Windows
>> Glynn has fixed the segmentation fault problem in GRASS7, I believe it is r42402(?)
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/42402
>> but the fix was not backported to GRASS6 develbranch or GRASS64, so those two do not run on Mac or Windows
>

> I have backported r42402 to GRASS 6.5.
> Please try - if it helps, we can backport to 6.4, too.

I just updated and recompiled GRASS65 and it runs well at least on Mac.
So yes please backport to 6.4 too.

what is going into GRASS6.4.1? everything in GRASS65 or only a selected subset of fixes?
I am asking because the GUI in GRASS65 has many improvements that make
running GRASS through GUI much more efficient.

> Is there another changeset to be backported?

r43599 for v.surf.rst  is in GRASS65 so it should go into GRASS64 (but I have never tested this one).

thanks a lot and it would be great to see GRASS6.4.1 soon so that we can install and test it before
everybody leaves for holidays

Helena