[GRASS-dev] r.sim.water in 64, 65, 7

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Dec 2 08:05:53 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:15 AM, Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2010, at 9:05 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Several changes were made in r.sim.water recently but it has still some troubles on non-linux machines.
>>>
>>> GRASS64: it runs on linux, but gives Segmentation fault on Mac and Windows
>>> Glynn has fixed the segmentation fault problem in GRASS7, I believe it is r42402(?)
>>> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/42402
>>> but the fix was not backported to GRASS6 develbranch or GRASS64, so those two do not run on Mac or Windows
>>

>> I have backported r42402 to GRASS 6.5.
>> Please try - if it helps, we can backport to 6.4, too.
>
> I just updated and recompiled GRASS65 and it runs well at least on Mac.
> So yes please backport to 6.4 too.

I have done so in r44518.

> what is going into GRASS6.4.1? everything in GRASS65 or only a selected subset of fixes?

Only selected things from 6.5

> I am asking because the GUI in GRASS65 has many improvements that make
> running GRASS through GUI much more efficient.

I dunno but I understood that the *GUI* is in complete sync (the other
files not).

>> Is there another changeset to be backported?
>
> r43599 for v.surf.rst  is in GRASS65 so it should go into GRASS64 (but I have never tested this one).

The entire z support was not backported. Done so now.

Still there is this warning

main.c:706: warning: passing argument 41 of ‘IL_init_params_2d’ from
incompatible pointer type
/home/neteler/grass64_release/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/include/grass/interpf.h:82:
note: expected ‘struct FILE *’ but argument is of type ‘char *’

> thanks a lot and it would be great to see GRASS6.4.1 soon so that we can install and test it before
> everybody leaves for holidays

I agree.

cheers
Markus