[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Re: Importing of raster data doesn't seem to work through GUI

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Mon Dec 6 08:20:13 EST 2010

On 06/12/2010 13:37, Chethan S. wrote:
> Unfortunately, that does not work for me. As you said the *.tif files appear
> grayed out in that particular folder. But the next outcome is not the one
> you get. Also after a recent update of GRASS 6.4.1 SVN there is no option
> "Bulk Import of Raster data". Its only "import raster data". I select
> directory option there. For using the individual file import option like
> before I used "Command Dialog" option as shown below. I should also mention
> that I use GRASS 6.4.0 version from Ubuntu repository at my college but
> again face the same problem.
>
> http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5807453/Selection_022.png
>
> Regards,
>
> Chethan S.
I think I have an idea why the GUI isn't working. I noticed in
your first post that the LandSAT tif files are named with CAPS
in the filename extension, i.e. 171146051_05122001402_B10.TIF.
It looks to me that the GUI ignores files name *.TIF and only
"sees" *.tif.

You can do a bulk rename of all the files (from the command
line...) with
for f in *.TIF; do mv $f `basename $f .TIF`.tif; done

Then open the GUI and check if those files are added to the
import list.

Regards,
Micha

--