[GRASS-dev] recent updates to Vlib break vectors in GRASS 7

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Dec 28 23:33:12 EST 2010

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> It's VECT_INC and is set in one of the makefile fragments, I think.  It
> used to be all in grass.make.  Glynn's the master of all that makefile
> magic.

VECT_INC has been empty for a long time now, and it never contained
$(PROJINC) directly or indirectly.

It was first added to Grass.make.in in r11189 on 2003-02-27, at which
time it had the value $(PQINCPATH). It stayed that way until r12781 on
2004-05-21, when it became empty. And it has been empty ever since.

Any code which uses PROJ headers should be using $(PROJINC).

You may be thinking of VECT_CFLAGS, which is defined as:

	VECT_CFLAGS =  $(GDALCFLAGS) $(GEOSCFLAGS)

FWIW, I suspect that this issue may have been hidden in the past due
to "gdal-config --cflags" providing the necessary switches. GDAL
itself uses PROJ, although its headers don't require the PROJ headers.