[GRASS-dev] recent updates to Vlib break vectors in GRASS 7

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Dec 29 10:20:46 EST 2010

On Dec 28, 2010, at 10:33 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> It's VECT_INC and is set in one of the makefile fragments, I think.  It
>> used to be all in grass.make.  Glynn's the master of all that makefile
>> magic.
>
> VECT_INC has been empty for a long time now, and it never contained
> $(PROJINC) directly or indirectly.
>
> It was first added to Grass.make.in in r11189 on 2003-02-27, at which
> time it had the value $(PQINCPATH). It stayed that way until r12781 on
> 2004-05-21, when it became empty. And it has been empty ever since.
>
> Any code which uses PROJ headers should be using $(PROJINC).
>
> You may be thinking of VECT_CFLAGS, which is defined as:
>
> 	VECT_CFLAGS =  $(GDALCFLAGS) $(GEOSCFLAGS)
>
> FWIW, I suspect that this issue may have been hidden in the past due
> to "gdal-config --cflags" providing the necessary switches. GDAL
> itself uses PROJ, although its headers don't require the PROJ headers.

gdal-config has never returned the PROJ inc flag as far as I can tell, at least for the OSX framework.

I suspect it's because r44722 added gprojects.h to Vlib, in particular that open_ogr.c where Michael got the error.  There are a lot sources in vlib, so I didn't check if any others included gprojects.h indirectly.

So, the question then: add PROJINC to VECT_CFLAGS (for all vector stuff) or to the vlib makefile only?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro