[GRASS-dev] scripts don't launch GUI from the msys command line in winGRASS

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Feb 4 00:27:36 EST 2010

#### first issue

So far, I've only seen this in Vista and am wondering if anyone else has seen it. Using the nightly build from 2 February.

From the command line, type the name of a script, like r.blend, without arguments
Instead of the GUI popping up, there is an error complaining about the lack of arguments.

It's like g.parser is not being invoked.

### second issue

Also,  copy a script and rename the copy (e.g., copy r.blend to r.blend2), leaving it in the scripts folder, then copy the script's *.bat file (in bin), rename the copy (e.g., , e.g., r.blend.bat to r.bend2.bat), and edit the *.bat file so that it points to the proper renamed script copy (e.g., now points to r.blend2). Type the script's name on the msys command line and press return.

There is an error that the script cannot be found.

Any thoughts?

I'm trying to help some students learn scripting. It is frustrating that even correctly written scripts don't work.

Michael