[GRASS-dev] GRASS_ADDON_PATH in GRASS6.4 UbuntuOS

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Feb 5 15:21:37 EST 2010

Kim Besson wrote:

> My question, and I think Franz's, has nothing to do with msys. We are
> questioning this in a linux OS system.
>
> Like I said, if I use Cmd> prompt in the GUI, I get an error stating that I
> should insert required data and prints all commands.

The "auto-GUI" feature (i.e. --ui implied when run without arguments)
only works when the program's stdin is a terminal, which isn't the
case for the GUI's command prompt.

Making it behave like a terminal (i.e. making isatty(0) return true in
the child process) is non-trivial[1] on Unix and practically
impossible on Windows.

[1] It's possible via os.openpty(), where available; the documentation
says:

	Availability: some flavors of Unix

<http://docs.python.org/library/os.html#os.openpty>