[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #928: 6.4: all shell scripts broken from command line + tcl; wx addon scripts broken

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Feb 13 06:22:23 EST 2010

#928: 6.4: all shell scripts broken from command line + tcl; wx addon scripts
broken
 Reporter:  hamish   |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-64   |

 worse, with GRASS_GUI=tcltk *all* script modules fail with "`sh:
 $GRASS_WISH: command not found`", both official and addon.

 When running the addon module from the real terminal prompt with
 GRASS_GUI=wxpython you get the following error once for every time you
 press the [Stop] button.

 {{{
 G64:addons > which r.out.gmt
 /usr/local/src/grass/addons/r.out.gmt

 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/src/grass/svn/releasebranch_6_4/dist.x86_64-unknown-
 linux-gnu/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/goutput.py", line 486, in OnCmdAbort
     self.cmdThread.abort()
   File "/usr/local/src/grass/svn/releasebranch_6_4/dist.x86_64-unknown-
 linux-gnu/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/goutput.py", line 108, in abort
     self.requestCmd.abort()
 AttributeError: 'CmdThread' object has no attribute 'requestCmd'
 }}}

 If run from the wxGUI Cmd> prompt with "r.out.gmt --ui", when you click
 the window dressing "X" to close the window you get it again in the main
 Layer Manager output tab, except this time with an additional popup error
 message:
 {{{
   __Error in command execution r.out.[snip]__

   Execution failed: 'r.out.gmt'
   Details:
   Error:
 }}}

 If I restart GRASS in tcltk mode and try "r.out.gmt" from the real
 terminal prompt something even weirder happens:

 {{{
 G64:~ > r.out.gmt
 sh: $GRASS_WISH: command not found
 G64:~ > r.out.gmt --ui
 sh: $GRASS_WISH: command not found

 G64:~ > $GRASS_WISH
 [wish window opens, then I manually "X" it closed]
 % G64:~ >
 }}}

 so $GRASS_WISH is being quoted there once too many times...

 I get the same thing if I run "r.out.gmt --ui" from the lower frame in the
 Output window.

 (can we label that tcl command prompt frame somehow? it is impossible to
 guess that typing something there does anything. perhaps sacrifice one of
 the 3 input lines for a "Command:" label?)

 in 6.5 it all works fine AFAICT.

 Hamish

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/928>