[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #928: 6.4: all shell scripts broken from command line + tcl; wx addon scripts broken

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 17 20:56:23 EST 2010

#928: 6.4: all shell scripts broken from command line + tcl; wx addon scripts
broken
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  hamish   |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
 Component:  default  |     Version:  svn-releasebranch64
Resolution:           |    Keywords:  addons
  Platform:  Linux    |         Cpu:  x86-64
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hamish):

 Replying to [ticket:928 hamish]:
 > 6.4 only:  (latest svn)
 > worse, with GRASS_GUI=tcltk *all* script modules fail with
 > "`sh: $GRASS_WISH: command not found`", both official and addon.

 (but from gis.m they run ok)

 > in 6.5 it all works fine AFAICT.

 I guess it has to do with this, but unless popen() has different quoting
 needs I don't see the difference:

 r40849 (relbr64) `Replace G_popen() with popen() (backport from devbr6,
 r40834)`

 does this need to be backported to 6.x?:

 r40904 (trunk)   `G_spawn_ex() expects descriptors as "int"s, not
 "char*".`

 Hamish

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/928#comment:1>