[GRASS-dev] no GUI for GRASS 7

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Feb 14 15:18:05 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:
> I just did a make distclean and svn update, to compile a fresh GRASS7. Now the GUI does not launch automatically. I tried running g.gui -u wxpython agin to no avail. I can launch the GUI manually (g.gui wxpython) with no problem. It just doesn't launch automatically when GRASS starts.

Same thing here for long time... First thing to check is the swig
version. Do get it running,
I do in GRASS:

rm -rf $GISBASE/etc/wxpython/nviz $GISBASE/etc/wxpython/vdigit

Then the GUI comes up. Of course no solution.

> Also, I noticed that r.bilinear is now greyed out and the command is missing. When/why did this go away?

(added to http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/NewFeatures)
   * r.average, r.median, r.sum merged into r.statistics,
r.statistics2, r.statistics3
   * r.bilinear merged into r.resamp.interp

BTW: I feel that it is confusing to have r.statistics, r.statistics2,
r.statistics3.

Markus