[GRASS-dev] d.vect.thematic

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Mon Feb 22 09:51:49 EST 2010

I agree with Martin...I think. But maybe rewriting the current script and getting rid of the xmon stuff would get us 90% of the way there. I'm wondering if what should be done is to just rewrite the point/line parts of the script and leave the choropleth maps to d.thematic.area. d.thematic.area has a few rough edges, but overall it is a powerful tool.

A reason to make a script that includes the point/line thematic mapping AND wraps d.thematic.area into one tool is to get the legend. Currently d.thematic.area writes d.graph instructions for the legend. A script could grab those and turn them into a nice legend in a wxPython canvas. Or, I suppose we could just write a separate script to do that.

Michael