[GRASS-dev] Issues of 6.5 build on WinXP

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Jan 1 16:20:09 EST 2010

Michael Barton wrote:

> >> Where is the EVT_TEXT binding? I couldn't find it.
> >
> > It's in cmdPanel.__init__() ;)
> >
> > In r40168 (trunk), it's at line 1329 of menuform.py.
>
> If I comment out this line, I don't see any difference in function.

1. Run "d.vect --ui"

2. Type the name of an existing vector map into the "map" field ("Name
of input vector map").

3. Switch to the Colors tab.

4. Look at the "rgb_column" combo box ("Name of color definition
column"). Likewise for "wcolumn" ("Lines" tab), "size_column" and
"rot_column" ("Symbols" tab), and "attrcol" ("Labels" tab).

With that line uncommented, the combo boxes' popup menus list the
columns of database table associated with the map. If it's commented
out, the popup menus will be empty and the buttons will be greyed out.

> Does that help the time lag?

Yes.