[GRASS-dev] WinGrass-Installer - definition of the destination folder?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 18 23:13:52 EST 2010

Glynn wrote:
> A combination of those factors means that Windows users need to
> regard a degree of beta-testing as part of the "entry fee".

what I'm saying is that we should prepare them for that and have
work-arounds handy, instead of selling it as fully ported and
then having them write off the whole thing as buggy crap 10
minutes into trying it for the first time. I'd rather they be
surprised by how well it worked in spite of a warning that says
some things might not work and they should report them to us to
get it fixed.

It's all in how that warning is worded and where it is placed.

Simply due to the sheer numbers of them, some percentage will be
interested in filing reports, and some of those might even have
the MS Win experience which we currently lack..

Hamish