[GRASS-dev] winGRASS: 'layer manager' window hidden by 'map display' windows

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Jan 19 01:23:59 EST 2010

On Jan 18, 2010, at 11:04 PM, grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:

> Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 07:04:09 +0100
> From: Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>
> Subject: [GRASS-dev] winGRASS: 'layer manager' window hidden by 'map
>        display' windows
> To: GRASS developers list <grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org>
>
> Hi,
>
> would it be  possible to invert the stacking order of the 'layer
> manager' window
> and the 'map display' windows? Currently (XP, current 6.4.SVN), when the wxGUI
> opens, the layer manager window is in the background.
> To get it to the front requires several attempts in the menu bar (or
> repositioning
> of the 'map display' windows on the screen).
>
> ?
> Markus

I've seen this on a couple of students' older laptops and assumed it was an age/laptop related item. The stacking order actually is set as you suggested, and on my Mac, the layer manager always starts on top and in the center; the first map display is to the upper left and under the layer manager. There may be a way to force this even more explicitly, but I don't understand why it is is getting reversed on some XP systems.

Michael