[GRASS-dev] Compiling i.pr

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Jan 28 20:34:38 EST 2010

Luisa Peña wrote:

> That is weird because in December2009 GRASS mailing list Archive are a few
> messages, from Glynn Clements, explaining/debugging i.pr compilation in
> WinGRASS 6.4 and it worked. Back at that that time the problems were a
> library and drand48 (that doesn't exist in Windows). So the problem might be
> other...
> Several o i.pr.X are compiled but, as far as I can see, only i.pr is not
> there.
> The following errors seems to have something to do with vector support:
>
> /usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn/include/grass/vect/dig_structs.h:179: error:
> expected specifier-qualifier-list before �OGRDataSourceH�
>
> /usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn/include/grass/vect/dig_structs.h:22:21: error:
> ogr_api.h: No such file or directory

Where are the GDAL/OGR headers installed? "gdal-config --cflags"
should provide a clue.

I suspect that i.pr_*/Makefile need:

	EXTRA_CFLAGS = $(VECT_CFLAGS) -I$(PRINCLUDE)

The vector headers include the OGR headers, so anything which includes
the vector headers needs any -I switches which are required to find
the OGR headers.