Fwd: [GRASS-dev] Scripting in Linux

Kim Besson kimbesson1981 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 10:56:57 EST 2010

Hello Clements
I used --with-nls at my configure command.

- Regarding  i18N Platform.make:
#i18N
HAVE_NLS            = 1
(seems ok)

- Config.h (/usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn/include/grass/):
/* define if libintl.h exists */
#define HAVE_LIBINTL_H 1

/* define if iconv.h exists */
#define HAVE_ICONV_H 1

/* define if NLS requested */
#define USE_NLS 1

(seems to be equal)

By doing:
nm /usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn/lib/libgrass_gis.so
U bindtextdomain ==> There was no output with bindtextdomain
U dgettext==> There was no output with dgettext
Only:
00029130 T G_gettext

About:
nm /usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn/bin/g.parser
U G_gettext ==> Nothing with gettext...

So, what the prognosis? :)

I didn't modified po files. I just using mo files installed by GRASS
svn6.4.0, so I'm not touching them