Fwd: [GRASS-dev] Scripting in Linux

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Jan 29 09:36:17 EST 2010

Kim Besson wrote:

> Ok I try that command and nothing seems to happen.
>
> Then I tried GRASS with DE language package and only wxGUI was translated.

This normally indicates that GRASS was built without NLS.

> What am I missing? Because it should be just fine...  Or what should I have
> to do to debug this issue?

1. Are you sure that NLS is enabled? I mention this because configure
silently ignores unknown (e.g. mis-spelled) configure switches.

Check for:

	#i18N
	HAVE_NLS            = 1

in Platform.make and :

	/* define if libintl.h exists */
	#define HAVE_LIBINTL_H 1

	/* define if iconv.h exists */
	#define HAVE_ICONV_H 1

	/* define if NLS requested */
	#define USE_NLS 1

in config.h.

Also check for:

         U bindtextdomain
and:
         U dgettext

in the output from:

	nm -D dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/libgrass_gis.so

and:
         U G_gettext

in the output from:

	nm -D dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/g.parser

2. Have you re-created the .mo file after modifying the .po file? This
is done with:

	make -C locale mo