[GRASS-dev] Re: mysys startup for win grass fails

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 30 19:44:51 EST 2010

Hamish:
> > grass70.bat files are making it into the 6.4 build
> > no;  I expect it could be due to an unclean build
> > enviroment on the nightly build server.
> > the 3 files are in C:\Program Files\GRASS-64-SVN\msys\

Helmut:
> I've tested it by building a WinGrass-Installer, there are
> no Grass7-files

> > and the msys.bat hacks are not applied?
> > (we should just put our version in svn and overcopy it
> > as part of the packaging script)

> > yes, and in the patches here:
> >   https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/629
> > (so whatever Colin builds with)
>
> following the thread in ticket #629 isn't easy.

see "patch: fix quoting and handle spaces in path gracefully"
SorceForge bug ID: 2808978
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2808978&group_id=2435&atid=102435

> - msys.bat-version added by Colin to the report
>
> I've built a Wingrass-Installer including this
> msys.bat-version, but commented out
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/attachment/ticket/629/msys.bat#L49
>
>     rem if installed in a directory
> containing spaces prepare for a world of pain
>     rem for /F %%i IN ('echo %WD%') DO @set PART1=%%i
>     rem if NOT "%PART1%" == "%WD%" (
>     rem   echo Path names containing spaces are not supported -- aborting.
>     rem   pause
>     rem   exit 1
>     rem )
>
> because WinGrass is installed in path with spaces
> c:\Program Files\.

Right, I added that into the main patch to make some of the MSys
devs less worried about applying it upstream. For us it should
be removed.

> I can provide this WinGrass-Installer-version including
> Colin's msys.bat-version if needed?.

I think all future WinGrass builds (both yours/Colin's and the
nightly builds need to use it if they are going to work with
C:\Program Files\.

> I've tested this WinGrass-Installer-version a little bit in
> WinGrass+Msys-mode:
> - v.colors isn't working because the color rule "elevation"
> can't be find

I think I've fixed this in 6.5svn with r40747. I'll backport
to 6.4 soon.

thanks,
Hamish