[GRASS-dev] GRASS master server in emergency migration - use the mirrors please

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Jul 14 12:01:24 EDT 2010

Hi all,

since the blade system which hosts http://grass.osgeo.org has been
compromised I started to anticipate the migration to the new
OSGeo hardware. We don't know if and when the blade system comes back
and the new OSGeo project server is new and powerful.

The master site is currently down, please use
 http://grass.itc.it/
and other mirrors. The wiki is mirrored statically (read-only) at
 http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/WIKI/grass-osgeo/index.php/Main_Page

For this migration, I started to stream the backup to the new server.
Since the size is 13GB, it will take a while. Then stuff will be set up
again including the Wiki and things will turn to normal as soon as possible.

More soon,
Markus