[GRASS-dev] GRASS Imagery

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 15 05:11:19 EDT 2010

Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2010/7/15 Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com>:
>> I am nearly finished with a wxGUI version of i.points, based on the
>> georectifier, but with two panes, more functionality and some more
>> safety nets. This, once I have submitted it, plus the georectifier
>> could be used as starting points for other gui modules for imagery
>
> great! Looking forward to see it in SVN.

Now available in trunk as of r42795.

Martin, Michael, I have a question about code maintenance / code
duplication. The new file gcpmapdisp.py is fully compatible with
mapdisp.py, I have added things for the GCP Manager, but not removed
anything. In the end, I would like to have either only mapdisp.py and
not gcpmapdisp.py or a substantially reduced gcpmapdisp.py where all
the stuff not used by the GCP Manager will be removed, e.g. vdigit and
nviz related, printing, deorations. Having only mapdisp.py and not
gcpmapdisp.py might be easier for code maintenance and updating. You
are the wxGUI gurus, what would you recommend?

Markus M