[GRASS-dev] 6.4.0 blocker bugs

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 00:52:42 EDT 2010

Markus:
> I am getting a bit tired of the "oh let's yet wait another
> weekend" emails...
> Tonight in Europe could be a nice release preparation evening!

updated wingrass binaries which start to use 'make distclean' have only
been posted in the last _hour_. (and so r.terraflow fix may be tested)
Testing the 6.4 binary will have to wait until tomorrow's job to be
included as only just backported.

someone posted a failure of v.db.addcol(?) on wingrass in the last days,
we should check on that too.

> We need to complete the release material and write a press release.

I will work on the stuff in grass-web/announce/ today. (task #677)
any help with updating the twiki side of things would be appreciated.

regards,
Hamish

ps - anyone?  #994  v.buffer creating wrong buffer around polygon edges.

 https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/attachment/ticket/994/buffer_bug.png
 https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/994#comment:2

it's fails to join up closed polygons so it does not include the
contribution from the buffer around the node where the area is closed
(the green "x" in v.digit).

bad results in a core module, seems not too deep to fix..