[GRASS-dev] swig in grass7

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Jul 29 07:11:04 EDT 2010

Martin Landa wrote:

> just a question: do we need swig in GRASS 7? Python bindings has been
> replaced by ctypes interface. Other bindings (e.g. perl) are not
> maintained. Could be `swig` directory removed from source tree?

It's still used for the vdigit module. But both vdigit and nviz need
significant re-writes anyhow. My inclination for 7.0 would be to
remove everything related to SWIG, and disable the vdigit and nviz
modules.

If I could figure out how to do the latter without breaking wxGUI as a
whole, I would have done it already.