[GRASS-dev] grass7 on mac OSX

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Jun 1 22:54:08 EDT 2010

Barton Michael wrote:

> I just compiled GRASS 7 a couple days ago, before leaving for Spain. Wx
> digitizer and nviz don't compile.

The gui/wxpython/nviz directory is no longer built; it has been
superseded by gui/wxpython/gui_modules/wxnviz.py.

The ctypes/SWIG changes don't touch the vdigit module.

> Also others can't even open my
> binaries.
>
> Is there a new configure switch for ctypes?

No. I added a local copy of ctypesgen to the source tree, so there are
no external dependencies.

ctypes itself is part of the standard library in Python 2.5 and 2.6.

> Are we supposed to no longer
> use the python switch?

--with-python should only be required for vdigit.